Australian Coroner blames school for peanut death

A PRESTIGIOUS Melbourne private school has been slammed by a coroner who found it directly responsible for the death of a student who was fed beef satay despite having a known peanut allergy.

Coroner Audrey Jamieson said Scotch College was ignorant of recently released guidelines on anaphylaxis and showed a lack of respect to people with dietary preferences or requirements when it gave 13-year-old Nathan Francis the meal that claimed his life.

Read More Here

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/coroner-blames-school-for-peanut-death/story-e6freuyi-1226380873082

Speak Your Mind

*

INFORMATION on triggerallergy.com IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE and any information or materials posted are intended for general informational purposes only. Any information posted on the web site is NOT a substitute for medical attention. Please see your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.